Brisbane Youth Radio is the on air identifier of 4BI, Brisbane Interactive Radio Group Incorporated is the license holder and operator of 4BI.
The Board is responsible for the governance of Brisbane Interactive Radio Group Inc. This means ensuring that funds are spent efficiently, ethically and in compliance with all relevant law. It also means ensuring that the organisation is sustainable, and will continue to deliver services in the years to come, through the development of strategies and assessment of the performance of Brisbane Youth Radio in meeting its goals.
Potential Board members should be able to contribute in one or more of the following areas:
- Strategic expertise – the ability to review the strategy developed by the organisation through constructive questioning and suggestion.
- Accounting skill – the ability to read and comprehend the organisations accounts and the financial material presented to the Board, and to understand financial reporting requirements.
- Legal skill – the Board’s responsibility involves overseeing compliance with many laws.
- Managing risk – the Board must be able to manage areas of major risk
- Managing people and achieving change
- Knowledge of the community broadcasting sector, volunteering and a passion for education!
The following is a list of things to think about when considering becoming a Board member:
- Am I a strategic thinker?
- What skills do I have that would add value to the Board?
- Do I understand the Station’s operation?
- Can I work as part of the Board as a team?
- Do I have sound business instincts and judgement?
- Am I genuinely interested in the Station, its operation, its staff and those it serves?
- Am I honest and a person of integrity?
- Do I care about education, the community broadcasting sector and the value of volunteers?
If you would like to become a member or would like to attend a board meeting, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post PO Box 5130 West End QLD 4101.